Seasonal Dish Recipes
PASTA & MEAT FREE but so good you'll never miss them!!
- 2 pounds Zucchini, sliced lengthwise, 1/4 inch thick.
- 4 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pound Cremini Mushrooms, quartered
- 3 Tablespoons fresh Oregano, chopped
- 3 cups Homemade Ricotta
- 1 large Homemade fresh ball of Mozzarella, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Basil, julienned
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 16 ounces Marinara sauce
- 16 ounces baby spinach
- 4 Tablespoons Olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Toss shallots, zucchini and oregano with 2 Tablespoons Olive oil on baking sheet. Place in oven and roast 8-10 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta cheese, 2 teaspoons Olive oil and half the julienned basil until blended, add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Next, using a medium size pan, add remaining Olive oil and bring to a simmer. Add mushrooms and 1/4 tsp kosher salt and sauté, stirring until just browned, about 3-5 minutes. Add Spinach and red pepper flakes (optional) and sauté until just wilted. Stir in Marinara, reduce heat and simmer 2-3 minutes.
Using an oven proof dish, spoon 1/2 of the sauce onto dish bottom. Top with 1/2 of the roasted vegetables, in an even layer. Top with all of the ricotta mixture, cover with remaining sauce. Finish off with the remaining layer of vegetables. Cover with the sliced mozzarella and bake uncovered 12-14 minutes until browning and bubbling. Allow to cool 5 minutes and serve garnished with remaining julienned basil.